The counsellor works through different types of conversations and has in-depth skills in communication and counseling. The counsellor has regular contact with students, parents, school staff, support organisations, etc.
The main duties of the counsellor are:
- Speaking with students.
- Working with students in groups and classes.
- Health promotion and prevention activities.
- Supervision and consultation for school staff.
- Collaboration with various support organizations such as BUP, social services, youth surgery etc.
- Support if crises and conflicts arise.
- Networking meetings.
- Planning to prevent abuse and discrimination.