The PTA is a powerful resource for both students, families and the school. Our mission is to encourage and support a positive school environment and to connect home, school and community to enrich every student´s growth and learning experience.
How do we do this?
• By promoting parental and family participation and involvement in school
• By creating a strong school community through family involvement and school events
• By raising money to fund school initiatives through charity activities and events
• By providing a forum for parents to have a say
The PTA organize many events for both parents and children during the school year. Some of these are to raise funds but many are just about having fun and getting to know people. Every year is slightly different but generally we hold events along the following lines:
• Spring Fair
• Children’s Discos
• International food fair
• Return to school socials
• Language practice socials for parents and school staff
How can you support the PTA?
Parents and caregivers have a big impact on how well their kids do at school. Taking an active role in the PTA is one of the ways you can make a difference and get involved.
The PTA at IES Kungsbacka strives towards having one PTA representative in each class. This can either be a class parents or an addition to the class parent.
Please contact us if you are interested in getting involved in the PTA: