It's time to get to know our teachers a little better, so we have asked them a few questions. Next up is year 1 teacher Julianne Sands!
1. What did you do before starting at IES? I studied to become a teacher for preschool - year 3.
2. What's the best thing about your job? I think the best thing about my job is to meet my students and to see when there is a development in their learning.
3. What do you think IES Trelleborg is good at? IES is good at making the students feel safe, both with other students and with the staff, as well as feel heard.
4. What's your favourite song right now? “Lost Along The Way” by All Time Low.
5. Do you have any pets? I unfortunately don't have any pets but I want to have a cat/cats in the future.
6. Tell something about yourself that not many people know. I'm scared of spiders.
7. What was your favourite subject in school? Art was my favourite subject in school.
8. Do you have any dreams for the future? I want to learn how to bake more things.
9. How do you get the students interested in learning new things? I try to make everything exciting. I also try to bring their interests and backgrounds into the lessons.
10. What's your best memory with your year 1 students? What happened? One of the best memories with my year 1 students is when I showed them videos from my homeland, The Bahamas. They were fascinated, so it was really fun!