It's time to get to know our teachers a little better, so we have asked them a few questions. Next up is F-class teacher Jennie Strömgren!
1. What did you do before you started at IES? Before I started at IES, I worked at a privately owned preschool.
2. What is the best thing about your job? The best part of my job is the feeling that my students have learned something new when I go home for the day.
3. What do you think IES Trelleborg is good at? IES Trelleborg is good at maintaining a calm and safe school environment.
4. Which one is your favourite song right now? "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.
5. Do you have any pets? I have a cat called Sune.
6. Tell us something about yourself that not many people know about? I'm afraid of the dark.
7. What was your favourite subject in school? My favourite subject at school was photography.
8. Do you have any dreams for the future? To see my daughter grow up and to live a happy, healthy life.
9. What do you do to peak the children's interest and desire to learn new things? I observe what the children are interested in, and I integrate it into the teaching. I usually present my teaching in an exciting, fun and creative way where I include the children in the learning.
10. What is your best memory with your F-class? My best memory was when I saw a child who never ate fruit during the fruit break. Since the child didn't speak Swedish, I used digital tools to translate the different fruits to find out which fruit they liked. It turned out that the child usually got some fruit they didn't like, so by using a translation app I was able to find out that the child liked apples best. Two years later I worked in a municipal F-class and the same student was there and remembered me! The fact that I contributed to that student’s development gave me the feeling that the teaching profession is where I belong!