Making the Move

You must consent to third-party cookies to view this content.

Hundreds of our staff have moved here from another country, some from countries as far away as New Zealand and Japan. At Internationella Engelska Skolan we do everything we can to help make the move to Sweden as easy as possible for our international teachers. As a new teacher you receive induction training covering the school’s routines, policies and Swedish law as well as receiving a mentor to help you settle into your new school, as well as your local area.

We offer all our international teachers support to learn Swedish. We believe that with the understanding of Swedish comes the added bonus of getting to know Swedish culture and Swedish people. Nearly all Swedes speak good English though, which helps make your initial time spent in Sweden easier.

EU citizens do not need a work permit but citizens of all other countries require a visa to work in Sweden. IES will assist in arranging this with the cost (approx. 2000 sek) being deducted from your salary.  

For detailed information from your nearest embassy regarding visas and working in Sweden, see