What are the rules on visitors to your schools?
We welcome and encourage visitors. Kindly make sure that you ask us at least 24hours in advance. All visitors must report to the main office, sign the visitors register and obtain a visitor’s pass, which must be displayed at all times. This pass must be returned to the main office and the visitor must sign out at the conclusion of the visit.
If you have not asked for permission in advance, the answer is no. We have to know who is in the school and for what reason. If friends are allowed to come and go as they please, and many external students come at the same time because they don’t have anything else to do that day, then teaching is disrupted and we are unable to keep our students safe.
Please make sure that visitors meet the following requirements: (local variations may occur, check with your school’s office)
- Visitors and students alike are expected to follow the rules of the school
- Visitors to a class must be of the same age, unless their presence is for academic or research purposes.
- The school must have received at least 24 hours advance notice.
- Some visits may require the approval of the principal. It is therefore important to let us know in advance.
- We do not accept visitors from other schools simply because their present school is not in session that day. Visits, from students outside of our own, should be because the student is considering our school as a school of choice for the near future.
We prefer that you attend our Open House evenings and Introductory Days first. Prospective students and their parents are invited and most welcome to these events.
Due to our extensive waiting lists, for some of our schools the list extends to over 1000 students, we find it difficult to provide the same kind of service to everyone.
We ask for your patience and understanding if we are unable to accommodate your request.